Cutest Block Background

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Summer Card Camp 2011 Week 3

These colors were a challenge!  Overall I'm pleased with my card, but do wish there was more "color" in it. :-) Created using Jennifer McGuire's "fingerinking" technique and Distress Inks. My fingers turned an odd purple color for a couple of days even when I scrubbed them!

The Hero Arts butterfly is embossed in silver for a bit of sparkle. After cutting out the image, I went in and darkened a couple of areas with Walnut Stain ink with water and a paint brush. I also put red dots in the small spots on the wings with a marker, but you cannot tell from the image, or even in person.

The sentiment is from PTI's Beyond Basic Borders, backgrounds from Hero Arts (Friends Definition) and Hero Arts (Antique Brocade) and card stock from Bazzill (Red), Neenah (Solar White), PTI (Kraft) and Stampin Up! (Chocolate Chip). The charm is from Lost & Found by Blue Moon Beads. Rhinestones, brads, an eyelet and a bit of rustic twine finish the project.

Thanks for looking!

1 comment: